Minimum Kit requirements
We are running this race under the rules of the Fell Running Association (FRA) and as such you are required to carry the following minimum kit:
- Boots or fell running shoes that in the organisers opinion are fully suitable for the type of rough terrain;
- WATERPROOF whole body cover. ‘Waterproof’ means with taped seams, and not ‘windproof’;
- Other body cover appropriate for the weather conditions;
- Hat and Gloves;
- Survival bag (it MUST be a bag and not simply a blanket), plastic or foil;
- Compass suitable for navigating the course;
- Sufficient coins for telephone calls or a mobile phone;
- A plentiful supply of liquid and food;
- Race number – will be supplied on the day and need to be worn and visible!
Please do not skimp on equipment – Hypothermia is dangerous, it is not worth it !! Event marshals will not let you start or disqualify anyone who does not meet the equipment criteria.
In the interest of reducing plastic usage, we will not be providing plastic cups for hot drinks at the finish and are asking you to bring your own cup. Also, if you are happy to enjoy your finishers meal in your own bowl this will go further to reducing waste.
Are you missing kit, why not visit the website of our Sponsor Kong Running or visit their beautiful shop in Keswick.